I don’t know about you, but as it gets colder out, my feet tend to get dry and crackly. Even when I moisturize regularly, the dry weather wins out. The only thing that really helps is a good exfoliation.
Well now that it’s winter time and I’m committed to making my own cosmetics, I figured I could make my own foot scrub. With only 3 ingredients, this foot scrub exfoliates, deodorizes, and can even help draw toxins from the body. Like the toxins from harmful ingredients in other beauty products you might use…
And now after using it, my feet are happy. No more dry, peely skin. I followed up the scrub with my cocoa butter body lotion, and my feet are so silky smooth right now.
With only three ingredients, this scrub couldn’t be easier. The ingredients work together to form a soothing scrub:
- Baking Soda: Gentle exfoliant, cleans and deodorizes
- Epsom Salt: Draws toxins from the body, exfoliates, helps relax muscles
- Chamomile Tea: Soothing scent, full of antioxidants
Besides brewing the tea, this scrub takes less than a minute to make.
Soothing Chamomile Foot Scrub
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon epsom salt
- 2 teaspoons chamomile tea
- Brew chamomile tea and let seep for about 10 minutes
- Mix baking soda and tea until it forms a paste
- Mix in epsom salt until well combined
- To use: wash feet, then rub feet with a generous amount of scrub. Rinse off with warm water. Follow up with a great moisturizer.
If you wanted to make the scrub even more relaxing, you could add a few drops of essential oils. Peppermint or citrus oils would go nicely with the camomile. Lavender is a great relaxing scent. Eucalyptus would smell great. Adding oils is totally optional because the chamomile smells great on its own. But it doesn’t hurt to add the benefits of essential oils to most beauty products.
Another great thing about this scrub is that it feels so gentle. It does the job without being a rough exfoliant. You know how some scrubs feel like they’re scratching your skin? This scrub is much gentler while still being effective.
Now all winter I will get to enjoy my soft feet without any of the guilt of using harmful ingredients. Baking soda, epsom salts, and camomile tea make a great combination that really couldn’t be any easier.
Try this scrub out at home and let me know how it goes for you!