When you accidentally spill on your carpet, it’s like you’re watching it in slow motion. And if you’re anything like me, you’re scrambling to fix it! Luckily, I’ve found an easy solution that works every time. It’s all natural, green, and costs less than 30 cents.
My homemade carpet cleaner and this homemade carpet stain remover make the perfect combo! You can easily use both to keep your carpets fresh, clean, and unstained!
All you need to remove a stain is to use the chemical reaction of baking soda and vinegar, and it will lift the stain right up! It’s like magic. It works so well, I was confident enough to stain my own new carpet on purpose to make this video:
And just to make things a little easier, in case you don’t like watching videos, here is how you do it:
Homemade Carpet Stain Remover
- Baking soda
- Essential oils (optional- I like to use lemon for this solution)
- For fresh stains, use a towel to blot away any excess liquid
- Sprinkle baking soda over the stain. I keep some baking soda in a sprinkle jar all the time for this purpose.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to your vinegar if you like, and pour it over the baking soda. Let the two fizzle until the reaction stops, then just blot up the excess liquid, and be amazed when the stain is gone!
- If some baking soda remains, you can just vacuum it up
Can you believe how easy it is? This carpet is my favorite in our home, and I use it all the time because it’s in my office, which is my favorite room in the house. I wouldn’t risk it unless I KNEW I could get the stain out for sure. This stain remover works for me every single time.
And, let’s admit it, it’s fun to make baking soda and vinegar react and fizzle. That’s just an added bonus.
Well, what do you think? Try this out at home and let me know how it goes for you!