Every once in a while my skin just feels dull. I know I’m not the only one who gets this way- especially when I’m stressed out. It helps to have a little something on hand that I know will make my skin look bright and glowing again- which is why I love this detox face mask so much! I use it whenever my skin is feeling a little down and it always does the trick.
With all natural ingredients, it is great at gently exfoliating your skin and removing impurities. My skin always feels SUPER clean after I use it. And even better than that- I feel it helps reduce redness in my skin. When I follow it up with my mango moisturizer, it always makes my skin soft and dewey. You can’t ask for much more in an all natural face mask that you can make in 5 minutes!
All the ingredients are designed to clean and detoxify your skin:
- Bentonite clay: When mixed with water it is great at absorbing toxins, impurities, bacteria, and chemicals, while adding healthy minerals to the skin
- Activated charcoal: Absorbs over 100 times its weight in impurities and chemicals
- Hibiscus powder: Rich in antioxidants, reduces hyperpigmentation, rich in alpha-hydroxy acids which help exfoliate gently
- Lavender powder: Naturally anti-inflammatory, helps kill bacteria that can cause acne
I call it the Flower Power Detox Face Mask because it’s the hibiscus and lavender that really goes that extra mile to help detox and reduce inflammation in your skin! I believe that the flower powders from Mountain Rose Herbs are the best quality, which is why I get mine there.
And it’s super easy to make- it takes less than 5 minutes!
Flower Power Detox Face Mask
- 3 tbsp bentonite clay
- 5 capsules worth activated charcoal
- 1 tbsp hibiscus powder
- 2 tsp lavender powder
- It is important not to use any metal tools when making this face mask because it will affect the charge of the bentonite clay and make it less effective- so stick to ceramic, wood, and plastic
- Mix together your ingredients and store them in an airtight container in a cool dry place
- To use: mix equal parts water (or for added benefits, room temperature tea) and apply to your face. You only need about one tablespoon of the detox face mask to cover your face. Leave on for up to 10 minutes, and wash off with warm water. Washing off can be a little messy, so I prefer to wash off in the shower.
I love to use this face mask to give myself a little spa day- I combine it with my homemade hot oil hair treatment and really just pamper myself. And I’m always glad I did. It really helps so much when my skin is going through a bad phase.
Well- what are you waiting for? Let me know how your homemade detox face mask goes for you!