Exfoliating is an important part of any skincare routine- it removes dead skin cells to help refresh your skin and make it look brighter and healthier. You know what else is amazing for your skin? Green tea! It is full of antioxidants and vitamins that help give your skin a healthy glow. That’s why a green tea exfoliating scrub is so healthy for your skin.
Not only that, it feels fresh and invigorating. This green tea scrub smells amazing and can help you relax. I absolutely love using it, and my skin always looks fresh right after. It’s gentle enough to be used on both your face and body. The avocado oil is a great ingredient that makes the scrub moisturize while it exfoliates.
Even better than that, it costs less than $1 to make, and takes about 5 minutes. This fabulous green tea scrub is so easy, there’s no reason for you not to try it!
I like to explain why I choose the ingredients in my recipes, so here’s why I used each one:
- Green tea: Full of antioxidants and vitamins your skin needs, anti-inflammatory to reduce redness and irritation
- Sugar: Gentle exfoliation to remove dead skin cells
- Avocado oil: Full of vitamin E and antioxidants that are healthy for your skin, natural moisturizer
- Essential oils (optional): I used pine essential oil because it is highly anti-inflammatory, and can help relax muscles. I also found the scent complimented the scent of the tea nicely
And it’s super easy to make! It only takes about 5 minutes. You can see the process in these pictures, and keep scrolling for the full recipe:
Green Tea Scrub
- 1 heaping tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 5-10 drops essential oils (optional)
- 1 green tea bag (optional)
- Mix together the sugar and matcha green tea powder until well combined
- Add the avocado oil and stir thoroughly. One tablespoon may not feel like enough at first, but it goes a long way. Just keep stirring until it is completely mixed
- (optional) cut open the green tea bag and mix
- (optional) add the essential oils and mix
- Store in an airtight jar in a cool dry place
- To use: apply to skin in a rubbing motion and wash off with warm water.
This scrub is so great! I can’t get enough of the smell. It does a great job of making me feel refreshed and relaxed. I always feel so luxurious when I use it. It truly gives you the spa feeling for a price that is unbeatable!
My skin loves it even more than I do. I like to exfoliate about once a week and it keeps my skin looking fresh and healthy. I seriously can’t get enough of this amazing scrub.
The scrub should stay good for about 3-4 months.
Let me know how making your own green tea scrub goes for you!