There’s something about your hair when you spend time on the beach. It just gets an awesome effortless wave to it. Well, naturally, it makes sense to want to replicate that effect at home. You can’t make a trip to the beach every time you want cute hair.
So, I came up with this recipe for beach hair spray. Not only does it create the salty, textured, wavy effect that the beach gives you, it also moisturizes your hair in the process. It has no bad chemicals and will only make your hair healthier.
And it’s fun to use! You want to make sure you have a good spray bottle that will mist your hair rather than dampen it- otherwise this won’t be so effective. The mist is a key part of what causes the beachy effect in real life so you have to replicate that too.
Here is why I chose each of the ingredients in this beach spray:
- Epsom Salts: Replicates beachy effect, volumizes hair, adds texture
- Himalayan Sea Salt: Replicates beachy effect, adds texture
- Aloe Vera Gel: Moisturizes hair and scalp, helps hair hold shape
- Argan Oil: Non-oily moisturizer for hair
- Essential Oils: Natural scent
And here is how you make it:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp epsom salts
- 1/2 tsp himalayan or celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp Argan Oil
- 5 drops of essential oils
- Using a funnel, pour the warm water into an empty spray bottle
- Next add the salts, aloe, argan oil, and essential oils
- Shake well before use
- Spray on wet hair to get the beach effect
When you look at it up close, it looks like beach salt water. You can already hear the waves crashing. Almost. And seriously, could it be easier to make? It’s so easy. It took me less than 5 minutes. Most of that time was spent waiting for the water to warm up.
The spray not only helps encourage beachy waves, it will hold your hair in place, make it shinier, add texture, and moisturize it in the long run. You really can’t go wrong here.
It makes me want to go to the beach even more. Around here we have Lake Michigan, which is even better than an ocean, but it doesn’t give you beach hair because it has not salt. So this hair spray will fill that gap for me! One step away from summer fun and beach hair.
Try making your own beach hair spray and let me know how it goes!
Do you spray this while your hair is wet?
I like to, but you could spray dry if you like.