Everyone knows when fall comes around that it’s time for all things pumpkin! Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, or even pumpkin spice lotion. I’ve been wanting to make a pumpkin scrub for a while now because pumpkin is amazing for your skin, and I finally got around to it. And seriously, it is my new favorite pumpkin anything.
This scrub is all natural and full of ingredients that reduce inflammation for your skin. It feels and smells amazing. It is a nice gentle exfoliant that gets rid of that extra dead skin and reduces inflammation to boot. Pumpkin lovers rejoice!
I love using skin products that are healthy and natural. Making your own products ensures that you are getting something healthy that is good for your skin. And you can save money on them too!
So if you’re ready for a little fall themed spa day, keep reading to see the full tutorial.
I like to explain why I chose the ingredients in my products, so you can understand what this awesome scrub does for your skin!
If you click any of the ingredients you will find either the exact product I used in this recipe or one that I recommend.
- Pumpkin: Full of vitamin A which soothes inflammation, and vitamin C which is an antioxidant that remedies damage from free radicals. Enzymes in pumpkin help break down dead skin cells for extra exfoliating power. Vitamins E and T help reduce inflammation.
- Sugar: A natural gentle topical exfoliant that gently removes dead skin to make way for newer healthier cells. A natural source of glycolic acid that also helps exfoliate.
- Turmeric: A power house for reducing inflammation. Full of cucurminoids which are powerful antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Essential oils (optional): For scent, and can have added benefits depending on which oils you use. If you want the pumpkin spice feel for this mask, use 1 drop cinnamon essential oil, 1 drop ginger, and 1 drop nutmeg.
And you’ll need a few supplies:
I promise that it is super easy to make. You can watch how it’s done in the video below.
Keep on scrolling for the full recipe!
Homemade Anti- Inflammatory Pumpkin Face Scrub
This recipe makes about 1 ounce of scrub, or about 2-3 uses. It will keep in the fridge for up to one week.
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons sugar (can add more if you prefer more exfoliation)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2-4 drops essential oils (optional)
- Mix the pumpkin, sugar, turmeric, and essential oils until well combined
- Add to an air tight jar
- To use: apply to face or body in small circular motion with fingers. Rinse off with warm water, and follow up with a moisturizer with SPF
- Store in the fridge for up to one week
This stuff is a real powerhouse. Each ingredient has powerful benefits for your skin, with the pumpkin and turmeric combining to make it a great anti-inflammatory. Soothing inflammation is one of the best things you can do for your skin.
Since this mask is so effective at exfoliating, you’ll want to follow up with a good sunscreen to protect those new cells from damage!
This scrub seriously feels amazing. The texture and feel are super luxurious.
It feels like a $50 spa treatment, and for less than $2 for you to reproduce. Chances are you have all these ingredients in your kitchen already!
Looking at these pictures kind of makes my mouth water. You’ve gotta love a skincare product that is healthy and natural enough to eat!
Seriously though, this scrub is so easy to make that you have no reason not to! Your skin will thank you.
Let me know how making your own pumpkin face scrub goes for you!
supplies used in this post