Green tea is amazing for your skin. It’s no secret that I love this awesome ingredient! That’s why I wanted to make a new face wash that made use of green tea. It is great for people with sensitive skin, and it is naturally anti-inflammatory. Plus the green tea can reduce the appearance of pores and make your skin look fresh and happy!
As someone with sensitive skin and redness myself, I like to be careful about what I put on my skin. Making my own face wash helps me to be confident that I know exactly what goes into my products and also know that they are healthy for my skin and most importantly, safe. (And it doesn’t hurt that it also usually costs less to make things myself).
I’ve previously made a honey face wash, and an aloe vera face wash. I loved both (and I still do). But I’m loving using green tea in my recipes so much lately that I wanted to make another. And this green tea and honey face wash does not disappoint!
In combination with my green tea face scrub, this seriously is amazing for my skin. But don’t be intimidated- it’s super easy to make. And even better, it only costs $4!
This recipe only has natural ingredients that are good for your skin. If you want to know where to buy these ingredients, just click on the name of the ingredient. Here’s why I chose them:
- Green Tea Powder: Full of antioxidants and vitamins your skin needs, anti-inflammatory to reduce redness and irritation, the caffeine in green tea helps tighten skin and reduce the appearance of pores
- Honey: A natural humectant (draws moisture into the skin), naturally antibacterial, full of antioxidants
- Soapwort Extract: Has a high concentration of natural saponins (help clean your skin), gentle suds, gentle natural face wash
- Avocado Oil: Full of vitamin E and antioxidants that are healthy for your skin, natural moisturizer
- Essential Oils: Can have different benefits depending on the oil. I used chamomile in this recipe, but lavender, tea tree, and geranium are all also good anti-inflammatory oils.
Green Tea Honey Face Wash
(makes about 2 oz)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons soapwort extract
- 1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 5-10 drops essential oils
- Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly combined (I mixed with a fork for about 2 minutes)
- Transfer to an air tight bottle
- To use, wet your skin, apply face wash with clean hands by rubbing in small circles, and wash off with warm water. It won’t foam a lot but should make a small amount of tiny suds.
Since the face wash has so much honey, it may feel a little stickier than you are used to, but it doesn’t make it any less amazing! When you wash it off you’ll see just how wonderful it is. Your skin will thank you!
I’m in love with this amazing face wash. Try making it yourself and let me know if you love it too!