It’s been two months now since I’ve moved into our home that has granite countertops. I love them SO MUCH- and I want to take great care of them so they can last as long as possible. I did a lot of research on the kinds of things that can damage granite, and I’ve found this to be the best homemade green granite cleaner. It’s super simple, inexpensive, and effective. It costs less than a dollar to make!
A lot of the homemade granite cleaner recipes have vinegar in them. Vinegar is one of my favorite green cleaning ingredients, but as with anything, it isn’t perfect. Vinegar is acidic, which will dull the shine of the granite. And I don’t know about you, but I want my granite to keep its fabulous shine!
So that’s why this granite cleaner is perfect. It cleans effectively, won’t damage your granite, and keeps them shining! I thought it was perfect for green cleaning month!
- Rubbing alcohol: Cleans and disinfects while leaving a streak free shine
- Dish soap: Cleans and cuts through grease and food stains
- Water: Makes up the body of the cleaner
- Essential oil: I chose peppermint because I love the smell, and it doesn’t come from an acidic fruit.
Pretty effective right? I love a good before and after. Almost as much as I love a good shine on my granite counters.
Green Homemade Granite Cleaner
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 2 pumps of dish soap
- 2 cups warm water
- 10 drops essential oils
- Using a funnel, add rubbing alcohol, water, and dish soap to an empty spray bottle. Add your essential oils
- Shake before using. Spray on the surface and wipe up with a sponge or microfiber cloth
This cleaner is so simple and effective. My favorite part about this picture is how you can see the reflection of the cleaner in the granite. That’s how you know it’s effective. For a minute I thought there was a smudge on my lens in this picture, but then I realized it’s the reflection of the oven clock.
I used an awesome glass spray bottle. We try to use as little plastic as possible, so these glass spray bottles are perfect for that.
So there you have it. This simple and easy to make granite cleaner is my new favorite. I can’t stop staring at my counters!
Let me know how making your own granite cleaner goes for you!
And don’t forget to check out the rest of my green cleaning month recipes here!