Hi there, you! My name is Susie, and I’m the creator of Pins and Procrastination. I’m a pinterest-addict- and I pass on all my best projects and tutorials to you!
I hope you’ve stopped here to find some inspiration, whether it be about making your own face cream, creating an amazing home décor craft project, finding joy in living with a chronic illness, or one of the many topics I write about here!
A Bit About Me
I’m a twenty-something just trying to have fun and feel productive while I procrastinate! I’ve lived most of my life in the Chicago area, and I love it here. I’ve always been creatively-oriented, so naturally I became instantly addicted to pinterest when I found it.
I am married to the most wonderful man and we have a pet hedgehog and a dog together, which completes our little family. I am in no ways biased but I do believe Falafel is the world’s best hedgehog and I also believe that Biscuit is the world’s cutest dog. I generally think you would agree with me if you could just meet them, but since you can’t, I’ll settle for sharing occasional adorable pictures of them.
I try to be as green and sustainable as possible, which inspires a lot of my homemade cleaning and beauty products. I also love nesting and filling my home with crafty décor projects. I eat gluten free and love sharing excellent recipes I find or create. I live with a chronic illness and I make myself and my health (mental and physical) a huge priority. I put all these passions into this blog for you to enjoy!
I love anything silly and whimsical, so you’ll find me telling terrible jokes and silly stories throughout this blog.
So why Pins and Procrastination?
Maybe you’re wondering where I got the name for this blog…. Well, several years ago, my cousin was going through a career change. She told me that you should make a career out of the things that you do to procrastinate. I remember thinking, well, can I make a career out of being on pinterest for hours a day? Well, I sort of have…
This blog is about all things that I do to procrastinate- and that primarily consists of finding inspiration on pinterest.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m obsessed with anything that has goat cheese or avocados
- I reference Friends more often than is normal in daily life
- I love planning and organizing
- I love self love
- My special talent is the ability to make a hang loose sign with my foot
- In kindergarten I refused to wear anything but red dresses
- I sing to my pet Hedgehog on a daily basis… she doesn’t seem to mind
- I have a never-ending obsession with Harry Potter
- I have a Master’s degree in Environmental Law and Policy
- I’m a complete sugar addict
- I’m also addicted to Pinterest… obviously
- I’ve never met a dog I didn’t love
- I could spend all day online “window shopping” for furniture and décor
- I am slightly obsessed with fonts
I love procrastinating:
- Doing dishes
- Filling out paperwork
- Deciding what I want to be when I grow up
- Sending emails
- Giving Falafel a bath
- Cutting up vegetables
- Folding laundry
Not sure where to start?
Check out these awesome posts:
Can’t get enough?
If you are looking to see me more, I would love to connect with you on social media!
Or, you can contact me directly! I love to hear from you. Thank you so much for reading.
I hope you enjoy reading about the fabulous adventures of living as naturally as possible, DIY projects, organizing and decorating, eating gluten free, and living with a chronic illness. And anything else I might do while I procrastinate.